Full Job Description
Christopher Homes, Las Vegas’ premier luxury home builder, has an opening for a Superintendent. Having the skills and experience is only part of the equation, we are also looking for someone that lives our values.
Committed to Innovation. What does it mean? We enhance people’s lives by innovating the way they live.
Do the Right Thing
What does it mean? Doing the right thing isn’t always the easy thing. At Christopher Homes our decisions are not predicated on cost, they are based on providing the best product and experience to our clients and doing the right thing – each and every time!
Stand on the Roof
What does it mean? Going above and beyond for our clients from introduction through warranty. We welcome you to ask us about our colleague Stan. He is the pillar of this core value and we’re proud of his story.
Invest Time to Listen & Care
What does it mean? We find the necessary time to listen and take necessary next steps to ensure our colleagues and clients feel heard and cared for.
What does it mean? “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts”! Each team member is expected to contribute to the team and follow through on their commitments to peers, clients and our vendors.
- Planning, managing and coordinating the construction process from groundbreaking through final walkthrough on a timely and economic basis
- Utilize provided designs, permits and construction trade contracts, implementation of managerial oversight, company policies, industry standards, with the construction plans and contracts into a quality product.
- Monitor and maintain construction schedules for all trades and be responsible for the subcontracts adherence thereto
- Monitor and maintain budget
- Directly inspect each trades work and approval of their invoicing according to contract payment terms and company policies set forth therein
- Facilitate weekly subcontractor meetings for planning, scheduling, quality control and safety issues with any scheduled trades
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Manage subordinate staff, oversee the quality of construction and ensure safety on the jobsite
- Schedule and attend all Building Dept. inspections and maintain inspection records
- Work with Client Relations Director to schedule all homeowner walkthroughs and complete all homeowner punch lists
- Coordinate and manage completion of Homeowner walkthrough punch list
- Complete daily log, commence work notices, and other related paperwork
- Assist VP of Operations with budget estimates, when required
- Assist VP of Operations with soliciting and obtaining bids from subcontractors and material suppliers, when required
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Within 60 days of employment commencement employee with attend the necessary online training course to secure certification in the OSHA 30 Construction Safety Course. Employer will schedule with approved training agency and will pay for the course.
- Within 60 days of employment commencement employee will attend the Clark County Dust Control certification class. Employer will schedule with approved training agency and will pay for the course.
Education, Skills, Experience
- Five+ years as a Superintendent
- Strong computer skills
- Carpentry, drywall, paint skills are a plus
- College degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Henderson, NV 89012 (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Work Remotely: No