Residential Construction Project Manager
Christopher Homes, a nationally acclaimed luxury residential developer and home builder, has been creating Nevada’s finest neighborhoods since 1981. Within four decades, we have developed over 2,000 homes with a total value of over $1 Billion.
Our experience and reputation for developing luxury residential neighborhoods is unmatched. Of note, Christopher Homes has been awarded over 150 national and local awards for design excellence, which include: 19 Home of the Year awards, 7 Community of The Year awards, and recognized as the Homebuilder of the Year by the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB), and numerous other awards.
Enhancing lives by creating innovative homes and communities that inspire and reflect the unique interests of our residents. How we do anything is how we do everything. We are creators. The foundation of our success is rooted in our culture and our most valuable resource is our people. We are a diverse group made up of smart, creative, and dedicated people that are passionate about transforming the modern living experience.
- Create and manage construction schedule for the project
- Oversee and manage all trade subcontractors for the project
- Oversee and manage all day-to-day activities of the project
- Schedule and meet with building inspectors for the project
- Ensure the project is built within budget and on schedule
- Approve subcontractor invoicing for payments
- Assist the Purchasing Department with estimates and material takeoffs
- Assist the Sales Team in presentation of estimates and proposals to clients
- Planning, managing and coordinating the construction process from groundbreaking through final walkthrough on a timely and economic basis
- Utilize provided designs, permits and construction trade contracts, implementation of managerial oversight, company policies, industry standards, with the construction plans and contracts into a quality product.
- Monitor and maintain construction schedules for all trades and be responsible for the subcontracts adherence thereto
- Monitor and maintain budget
- Directly inspect each trades work and approval of their invoicing according to contract payment terms and company policies set forth therein
- Facilitate weekly subcontractor meetings for planning, scheduling, quality control and safety issues with any scheduled trades
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Manage subordinate staff, oversee the quality of construction and ensure safety on the jobsite
- Schedule and attend all Building Dept. inspections and maintain inspection records
- Work with Client Services Director to schedule all homeowner walkthroughs and complete all homeowner punch lists
- Coordinate and manage completion of Homeowner walkthrough punch list
- Complete daily log, commence work notices, and other related paperwork
- Assist VP of Operations with budget estimates, when required
- Assist VP of Operations with soliciting and obtaining bids from subcontractors and material suppliers, when required
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Within 60 days of employment commencement employee with attend the necessary online training course to secure certification in the OSHA 30 Construction Safety Course. Employer will schedule with approved training agency and will pay for the course.
- Within 60 days of employment commencement employee will attend the Clark County Dust Control certification class. Employer will schedule with approved training agency and will pay for the course.
- 8+ years in a management role in the residential construction industry
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications and other construction related documents
- College degree preferred
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Carpentry, drywall, paint skills are a plus
Apply for this Job
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below. We will be in touch with your shortly.