Christopher Homes is hiring a skilled Permit Coordinator to facilitate the smooth completion of construction projects.
Christopher Homes, a nationally acclaimed luxury residential developer and home builder, has been creating Nevada’s finest neighborhoods since 1981. Within four decades, we have developed over 2,000 homes with a total value of over $1 Billion.
Our experience and reputation for developing luxury residential neighborhoods is unmatched. Of note, Christopher Homes has been awarded over 150 national and local awards for design excellence, which include: 19 Home of the Year awards, 7 Community of The Year awards, and recognized as the Homebuilder of the Year by the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB), and numerous other awards.
Enhancing lives by creating innovative homes and communities that inspire and reflect the unique interests of our residents. How we do anything is how we do everything. We are creators. The foundation of our success is rooted in our culture and our most valuable resource is our people. We are a diverse group made up of smart, creative, and dedicated people that are passionate about transforming the modern living experience.
Responsible for coordinating all documents required for submitting and obtaining utility and building permits and associated fees for new home construction. Coordinate with division departments and various municipalities/authorities to ensure all deadlines for building plans and permits are completed on time.
$45K - $50K DOE
- Secure the timely preparation and submission of plot plans, lot inspections, and building permits through various municipalities based on construction deadlines
- Prepare and submit timely check requests, and payments for permits, water taps and impact fees
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with municipality departments and staff members
- Serve as the designated division contact for permit and/or other issues and respond promptly
- Record building permit information into Procore Project Management System
- Coordinate/Assemble all required documents for permit submittal to various municipalities including but not limited to:
- Job/Site specific plans
- Floor and roof trusses layout and engineering
- Energy Code Compliance Worksheet
- Civil Improvement plans
- Plot plans
- Permit application/Permit Placards
- Manage and monitor the complete building plan approval process through various municipalities on assigned communities
- Monitor and follow up on permit status to ensure timely permit issuance per Lot Purchase schedule.
- Distribute construction documents to the Purchasing, Marketing, and Construction departments
- Document and process all plan revisions and coordinate time-frame requirements to consultants
- Scan all approved permitting information
- Support the Architecture department by performing administrative duties
- Inform the Accounting department of changes in permit fees, utility connection fees and other municipality fees
- Perform check requests for all permits and utility applications
- Compile and load start packages into Procore
- Submit and pick up all building and utility permits in all municipalities for the Division
- Resolve permitting concerns that may arise
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years relevant experience or training
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to ensure all deadlines are achieved
- Ability to read and interpret building plans is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Experience working in Procore is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Apply for this Job
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below. We will be in touch with your shortly.