Christopher Homes, Las Vegas’ premier luxury home builder, has an opening for a Purchasing Agent. Having the skills and experience is only part of the equation, we are also looking for someone that lives our values.
Committed to Innovation. What does it mean? We enhance people’s lives by innovating the way they live.
Do the Right Thing
What does it mean? Doing the right thing isn’t always the easy thing. At Christopher Homes our decisions are not predicated on cost, they are based on providing the best product and experience to our clients and doing the right thing – each and every time!
Stand on the Roof
What does it mean? Going above and beyond for our clients from introduction through warranty. We welcome you to ask us about our colleague Stan. He is the pillar of this core value and we’re proud of his story.
Invest Time to Listen & Care
What does it mean? We find the necessary time to listen and take necessary next steps to ensure our colleagues and clients feel heard and cared for.
What does it mean? “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts”! Each team member is expected to contribute to the team and follow through on their commitments to peers, clients and our vendors.
- Recruits and hires subcontractors to perform work of high quality and at the best value for the assigned homes
- Assists in bidding offsites, onsites and the value engineering process
- Set up and maintain option database
- Responsible for the creation of budget and maintain budget updates through completion of the project.
- Work with Purchasing Manager and Construction department to ensure subcontractor bids and contracts comply with Construction Documents, details and specifications.
- Helps to ensure all sales and construction activities are supported as needed with timely and accurate information
- Communicates with and assists Construction, Design Center and Accounting for the assigned homes
- Works to resolve any issues with subcontractors on the assigned homes
- Prepares purchasing paperwork for the assigned homes
- Communicate information to internal departments and external subcontractors
- Maintain internal files both electronic and paper
- Audit BOML and addendums and other incoming information for accuracy
- Create and/or maintain tracking mechanisms for homes as assigned
- Maintain and keep organized current information in lot workbooks
- Utilize Sage 100 for Purchasing, Auditing or Reporting functions
- Send Purchase Orders (PO’s) to vendors and/or trade partners
- Maintain up-to-date vendor contact list
- Data entry to maintain database and keep current
- Maintain purchasing/construction reports (Daily, weekly, monthly)
- Track custom option processing
- Follow up with subcontractors on status of RFP’s and RFI’s
- Data entry to prepare bid analysis
- Create bid sheets as directed
- Compile field workbooks for the construction team
- Copy/print/scan/filing of documents as needed
- Prepare/send bid packages
College degree preferred
Purchasing Agent: 5+ years of experience with a homebuilder and/or trade partner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge of residential construction and the components needed to construct single family and multi-family homes.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines with a high level of organization required in a fast-paced environment.
- Must maintain the integrity of data with a high degree of accuracy.
- Need to possess strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Interact with all levels of internal and external customers in a professional and supportive manner.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Intermediate math skills pertaining to the everyday handling of purchase orders and vendor pricing.
- Ability and/or willingness to learn computer systems as needed, with training.
- Proficient with computer software in common usage: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Must perform in a professional manner consistent with the core values and purpose of the company.