Christopher Homes, Las Vegas’ premier luxury home builder, is currently interviewing for an experienced Interior Designer. Holding the skills and experience is only part of the equation, we are also looking for someone that lives our values.
Committed to Innovation
What does it mean? We enhance people’s lives by innovating the way they live.
Do the Right Thing
What does it mean? Doing the right thing isn’t always the easy thing. At Christopher Homes our decisions are not predicated on cost, they are based on providing the best product and experience to our clients and doing the right thing – each and every time!
Stand on the Roof
What does it mean? Going above and beyond for our clients from introduction through warranty. We welcome you to ask us about our colleague Stan. He is the pillar of this core value and we’re proud of his story.
Invest Time to Listen & Care
What does it mean? We find the necessary time to listen and take necessary next steps to ensure our colleagues and clients feel heard and cared for.
What does it mean? “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts”! Each team member is expected to contribute to the team and follow through on their commitments to peers, clients and our vendors.
The primary focus of the Interior Designer is to apply the principles of design to customize individual client residences while enhancing the function and quality of interior spaces.
An enhanced customer experience is assured by performing the following duties:
Overview of position requirements and essential functions:
- Provides a 5-star customer experience to our clients.
- Meets and assists clients with the selection of standards and options within the established time frame.
- Analyzes the client’s needs, goals, and life and safety requirements.
- Formulates preliminary design concepts that are functional and appropriate for the client’s home.
- Creates sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, and space planning.
- Creates inspiration boards for clients.
- Develops and presents final design recommendations.
- Accurately prepares and administers bids for the client’s interior selections.
- Reviews and evaluates design solutions during implementation and upon completion.
- Prices interior options (i.e., countertops, wall coverings, window coverings.)
- Oversees installation of tile, flooring, and countertops for accuracy.
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork in a timely manner and forwards paperwork to purchasing, construction and subcontractors.
- Returns client phone calls within 24 hours.
- Maintain profit margins on all client selections.
- Regularly communicates with client during selection process.
- Attends various client home walks and events.
- Performs regular field inspections to review various materials installation to ensure design intent is carried out.
- Works closely with the Superintendents and keeping informed of the progress of all projects.
- Adheres to no client changes after client approves without Design Center GM or Vice President of Operations approval.
- Stays up to date with design trends, product lines, and related technology.
Skills and Experience:
- BA in Interior Design from accredited institution; minimum five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in residential design environment preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Multi –tasking ability with strong problem-solving skills
- Professional, organized, self-starter
- Computer skills including basic Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, Excel, Word