Human Resources Manager
Christopher Homes is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to manage the organization’s operational business objectives in the areas of benefits, employee relations, labor relations compliance, annual employee reviews, payroll processing, training, and development.
Christopher Homes, a nationally acclaimed luxury residential developer and home builder, has been creating Nevada’s finest neighborhoods since 1981. Within four decades, we have developed over 2,000 homes with a total value of over $1 Billion.
Our experience and reputation for developing luxury residential neighborhoods is unmatched. Of note, Christopher Homes has been awarded over 150 national and local awards for design excellence, which include: 19 Home of the Year awards, 7 Community of The Year awards, and recognized as the Homebuilder of the Year by the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB), and numerous other awards.
$80K - $90K DOE
- Manage health and welfare benefit administration, including employee status changes, communicating with vendors, troubleshooting benefits issues, and participating in the renewal process, benefits meetings, and open enrollment
- Explain company benefits to employees and respond to questions
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues, which include analyzing evidence, applying relevant laws, policies, and precedents to reach sound conclusions
- Provide counsel and guidance to employees and managers regarding company policies and procedures; provide policy interpretation
- Manage and modify as necessary Employee Handbook
- Facilitate, participate in and record employee reviews
- Provide human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, and resolution
- Operate in compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws
- Actively support programs and activities intended to enhance employee engagement, and a healthy, safe, and fun work environment for all staff
- Manage and administer the payroll process
- Submit payroll reports to accounting including direct labor job costing
- Track employee salary and pay rate along with increases and bonuses
- Manage any HR/Payroll audits including the annual workers’ comp audit and 401(k) compliance program
- Administer FMLA, COBRA, workers compensation programs, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable 401(k), FMLA, health insurance, Disability, etc.
- Manage 401(k) payments and wage garnishment payments
- Prepare the Workers’ Comp spreadsheet and upload the Workers’ Comp payment and info to the carrier
- Track employee PTO time
- Assist department heads in department specific training requirements
- Manage and maintain all employee records
- Supervise direct reports
- Seven+ years of hands-on experience as a Human Resources Manager in a small company environment (60-100 employees)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Strong experience in benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, workforce planning, compensation, labor law compliance, and training and development
- Ability to engage and consult with all levels of management and establish working relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills, with particular attention to quality and detail
- Committed to upholding professional, ethical, and confidential standards and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook software and Sage accounting software
Apply for this Job
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below. We will be in touch with your shortly.