Construction Accounts Payable Specialist
Christopher Homes is currently seeking an experienced Construction Accounts Payable Specialist, with experience in the construction industry, to manage the company’s accounts payable functions by working closely with appropriate staff to accomplish the duties and responsibilities. Christopher Homes, a nationally acclaimed luxury residential developer and home builder, has been creating Nevada’s finest neighborhoods since 1981. Within four decades, we have developed over 2,000 homes with a total value of over $1 Billion.
Our experience and reputation for developing luxury residential neighborhoods is unmatched. Of note, Christopher Homes has been awarded over 150 national and local awards for design excellence, which include: 19 Home of the Year awards, 7 Community of The Year awards, and recognized as the Homebuilder of the Year by the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB), and numerous other awards.
$24 - $27 per hour DOE
Enhancing lives by creating innovative homes and communities that inspire and reflect the unique interests of our residents. How we do anything is how we do everything. We are creators. The foundation of our success is rooted in our culture and our most valuable resource is our people. We are a diverse group made up of smart, creative, and dedicated people that are passionate about transforming the modern living experience.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and verify for accuracy
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies with purchase orders and contracts
- Submit invoices for coding and approval and enter invoices into system accurately
- Audit and process expense reports and credit card bills
- Correspond with subcontractors and respond to inquiries
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Prepare check preview report for approval and perform check runs
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects and support other administrative staff as needed
- 3+ years of experience in Accounts Payable or an accounting related position
- Experience working with Accounts Payable for multiple entities
- Intermediate (required) to advanced (preferred) Excel skills
- Experience in QuickBooks required
- Experience in Sage 100 Contractor accounting software preferred
- Experience in the construction industry highly desirable
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong organizational ability
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
Apply for this Job
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below. We will be in touch with your shortly.